1957 Eudora Welty donated a collection of her manuscripts, papers, and photographs
to the Mississippi Department of Archives and History. She continued to donate
materials to MDAH throughout the rest of her life. Today the Eudora Welty Collection
is an important archival collection, visited by scholars and students from around
the world. In 1986 Welty made the decision that the state should have her house
at her death.
Welty House, besides offering regular tours of the house and garden, will
offer year-round programs and exhibits, sponsor scholarships, awards, and publications,
and serve as an inspiring locale for important regional literary events.
2003-2006 MDAH & Eudora
the Eudora Welty House