The Mississippi National Register of Historic Places Review Board is composed of a group of nine members representing various professional fields. The Review Board meets quarterly to review and recommend nominations to the National Register of Historic Places, and is composed of the following members:
- One member of the Board of Trustees of the Department of Archives and History.
- One member appointed by the Board of Directors of the Mississippi Historical Society.
- The director of the Department of Archives and History.
- Six private citizens to be appointed by the MDAH Board of Trustees. These individuals are qualified to represent the fields of history, architecture, architectural history, prehistoric archaeology and historic archaeology.
Each appointed member of the Review Board serves six year terms. Members receive no compensation for their services. The current members of the National Register Review Board are:
- Mr. Jim Barnett, Natchez
- Dr. Elizabeth Boggess, Natchez
- Dr. Michael Fazio, Starkville
- Dr. Alferdteen Harrison, Jackson
- Mr. H.T. Holmes, Jackson
- Dr. Jay Johnson, Oxford
- Mr. Sam Kaye, Columbus
- Dr. Stuart Rockoff, Jackson
The Review Board meets in the Historic Preservation Division 2nd Floor Conference Room, located in the Capers Building. Future meetings are currently scheduled for September 20, 2012, January 17, 2013, May 16, 2013 and September 19, 2013.