Archaeological Search Room Policy
In order to ensure that MDAH staff will be available to assist patrons, beginning July 1, 2006 Archaeological Consultants will be required to make an appointment with the Archaeology Staff to access the archaeological records-- including site cards, USGS Topographical maps, archaeological reports, county files and the curated collections. Appointments can be made anytime between 9:00 am and 4:00 pm Tuesday through Thursday.
The following regulations will need to be observed by patrons using the Archaeological Search Room:
- All bags or containers of any kind must be left in the lockers provided off of the lobby before access is granted.
- Only pencils, no pens, will be allowed in the search room. No bags or containers of any kind will be allowed.
- Please sign in and out when entering and exiting the search room.
- Consultants will not re-file any materials. There will be designated areas to place materials once finished with them. The staff will re-file all materials including site cards, quad maps, reports and county files.
- All copies of materials are $0.20/sheet. Payment is due at the time that copies are made or by prior billing arrangement.