Archaeological Records and Research
The department’s archaeological records are available for research to archaeological consultants in the Archaeological Search Room on the first floor of the Charlotte Capers Archives and History Building, 100 South State Street.
Access to the archaeological search room is by appointment only. Appointments may be made Tuesday through Thursday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. by calling 601-576-6940 or emailing email@example.com.
Prior to visiting MDAH or using the MDAH GIS, consultants must have:
1) A current vita (for everyone visiting or using the files, including the P.I.) on file with us.
2) A company General Statement of Purpose on letterhead on file.
Before using the archaeological files:
1) Consultants must sign the Policy on Accessing Archaeological Records.
2) Receive an assigned copy number (copy numbers are per company, not individual).
3) Review the Archaeological Search Room Policy.