The Mudcat – Interesting Mississippi News for Kids
The Mudcat is a newsletter for elementary students in grades 4-9 that covers different aspects of the state’s history, people, places, and culture in each issue.
Each Mudcat features a new drawing on the cover. If you would like to submit your rendition of a mudcat, or if you have a suggestion for topics you would like to know more about, send us an email.
- The Natchez Trace Parkway – Fall 2014
- Freedom Summer – Summer 2014
- Bob Moses – Spring 2014
- The Old Capitol – Winter 2014
- The Great Depression – Fall 2013
- Mississippi Rivers – Summer 2013
- Medgar Evers – Spring 2013