Manship House Museum Closes for Restoration
The Manship House Museum closed July 1, 2010 to prepare for a nearly half-million-dollar repair of the building's foundation. The floor of the circa-1857 house is thirteen inches out of level, resulting in huge cracks in the plaster walls and gaps at doors and windows throughout the house. A timeline for the project will not be available until construction documents are finalized, but the site could be closed for eighteen months.
The Manship House Museum
420 East Fortification
Jackson, MS 39202-2340