Mississippi, A Pictorial History, 1798-1937, Arranged by Mississippi Historical Research, a W.P.A. Project, 1936-1937
Top: "Right: Pontotoc, Monroe Church, a mission in 1821 it became an organized Presbyterian Church on June 7, 1823." Center: "Washington, Adams County, The old brick church shown to the left was erected in 1816. Mississippi's first constitution was written and adopted here in 1817, afterward the first legislature of the (then) new state was convened here. Aaron Burr's preliminary trial was held beneath some nearby oak trees." Bottom: "Right: Pine Ridge Church, built in 1908 on the site of the original church erected in 1807, which was the oldest Presbyterian church in Mississippi."