Mississippi, A Pictorial History, 1798-1937, Arranged by Mississippi Historical Research, a W.P.A. Project, 1936-1937
"Oak Square. At Port Gibson, Claiborne County early in the 19th. century Doctor Sullivan built a fine, stately home. In 1850 it was acquired by the Abner Green family. Shortly after the war between states it came into the hands of James J. Person, who gave it to his son James Wells Person. It was burned in 1906 but was rebuilt and is still owned by members of the Person family. Coy, entrancing, nimbly dancing, muted laughter, eyes amist - 'Neath leafy bowers gently whispering dainty maidens kept their tryst. Gone capricious, carefree laughter; gone romance's fairy spell - Still the leaves above are whispering - ah - what these ancient oaks could tell."