Pictorial History: Mississippi in Architecture, Assembled and Arranged by W.P.A. Historical Research Project
"First Presbyterian Church, Franklin, Holmes County. This frame structure was erected in 1841 by Col. D. M. Dulaney, with slave labor; as were many such, this church is provided with two front entrances, one for men and one for women. During the war between the states, on January 2, 1865, there was a skirmish between Confederate and Federal troop and the walls of the building received many bullet holes from the missles of the contending forces which still show in the unchanged weather boarded walls."